Wednesday, September 7, 2011

It's a M.O.B. prayer challenge!

My step-daughter challenged me to  21 days of prayer for my grandson, Auron, an almost- 4- year- old fireball of vim and vigor, all boy, rambunctious, rowdy and loud.  In his short 47 months of life Auron has managed to short out the home microwave and subscribe for a  $50 gaming service online [no parental guidance needed, thank you very much!]. Auron can also be sweet and tender, like when he stops in the middle of play with Grandpa to say, "You are my best friend, Grandpa", or states an out-of-the-blue "I love you". There you have it, a brief introduction to my prayer target.

When Amanda, his mom, told me she has been hanging out with other mothers at a site called The Mob Society, I had visions of Amanda  finally losing it and succumbing to the influence of some anarchist coterie plotting assault on offspring.  What I actually discovered was a group of Mothers of Boys with this mission: Reaching the hearts of boys for the Gospel and preparing a generation of men to love the Lord.  http://www.themobsociety.com/  Pretty cool, eh?

September 6-26 has been declared a 21-day opportunity to prayer for the little men in our lives.  I hope to take you along on the journey by listing the prayers I'm praying these days for Auron.  Most of them are taken from an ebook the MOBs are promoting called Warrior Prayers: Praying the Word for Boys in the Areas They Need it Most by Brooke L. McGlothlin.  (Actually, I'm going to sneak all my grandsons into the prayers and you can add any boys you want to include).

Day #1
May__________be like the wise man, whose heart inclines him to the right (Ecclesiastes 10:2).
(Kindle Location 280).  Kindle Edition.

Day #2
May __________ obey his leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over his soul, as those who will have to give an account. Let __________ do this with joy and not with groaning (Hebrews 13:17).  
(Kindle Locations 357-359). Kindle Edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your response!