Monday, September 12, 2011

Days #5-7

Continuing the 21-day prayer challenge from mobsociety.com (see post for Sept. 7)

Day #5-  May _______ be called a "son of encouragement", just as Barnabas was known for.   Acts 4:35-37
Lord, I pray that all my grand kids would learn what it means to care for others and think beyond their own needs to give someone else encouragement.  (synonyms for encouragement - praise, support, boost, lift)
I want to grow in that, also.  Open my eyes to see the needs of people in my life today and show me how I can lift them up with my words and a warm reception.


Day #6 -Please teach_________how to share with the other children he interacts with at home and at school.


Day # 7- As the Lord’s servant, may__________not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting his opponents with gentleness (2 Timothy 2:24-25).
McGlothlin, Brooke (2011-05-02). Warrior Prayers: Praying the Word for Boys in the Areas They Need it Most (Kindle Locations 698-699). Kindle Edition. 

The list of character qualities in this verse are ones to be coveted and how special to turn them into a prayer for my grandsons.  What child doesn't need to be reprimanded for being quarrelsome?   Or be taught kindness?!  I remember the emphatic statements of my kiddos years ago--"it's mine!!" or the seesaw arguments of 'yes!' 'no!' punctuated with 'MOM!'  Training for kindness and gentleness begins here in nursery camp.  It's not just putting up with conflict with a fake smile, or a forced apology, but learning when an offense that can easily be forgotten can be overlooked and when it's important to gently correct an opponent in order to preserve the relationship.
If they learn these lessons well, they will be qualified to teach others, being patient with students bent on evil and able to speak gentle words that turn away wrath.  How we need a future generation of leaders who can do this well!  Men who are able to control their own spirits that naturally want to retaliate or that have been conditioned to stand up for their rights.

2 comments:

  1. Children learn so much at a very early age. You can't start too soon to teach them these essentials. Thank you for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Friend...this is so AWESOME and full of such liberating truths. This post confirms everything the Lord has been teaching me, recently. About giving His love, kindness, patience (ie uplifting, encouraging words) as a priority with whom I interact with....this is the Gospel truth!! It is amazing, too, how liberating love is, once you start to LIVE it, by the power of His Holy Spirit.....it's as if scripture just comes alive!!! This was perfect for me today....much love ~ alice PS Thank you so much for the visit and kind comment over at my end!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your response!