Thursday, April 23, 2020

What Are You Missing?





                                  


In these days of stay-inside
Here's what I'm finding is true,
Lonely times come calling,
I'm missing you!

Those tops and pants in closet,
Are feeling lonely, too.
I'm thinking spring clothes this year
Will not get their due.                                     
                                                                       
Dressed in sweats and a sweater,
I rotate every day,
I still try to match these few,
It sure takes less effort this way!

Makeup will last till kingdom come,
I'll spend less money for looks,
I'm reading fewer pages 
What if I run out of books?

The car sits idle in stall,
Even though gas costs much less,
They say LA can see far,
No smog, to cloud and oppress.

Store pickups are now my norm,
The process is not refined,
Bleached flour and processed meat,
In place of healthier kind.

But I'm cooking more from scratch,
This joy is starting to ache,
Oh, what I would give to eat                            
Cuisine that I didn't make!

Speaking of groceries and such,
Shortages, are such a rut,
No sanitized wipes, and, cheap
TP that's hard on the butt. 

                  God is working, even when I can't see it, or feel it!

But I'll not keep complaining,
Thankful for hubby and Zoom,
Good health, internet, and phone,                     
God is here, all is not gloom!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your response!