Monday, October 10, 2011

Worth-ship

A Bible Study on Revelation asked us to relate work and worship.  A commentary gave the definition of worship as worth-ship.  Who/what are we assigning worth to? How are we worshiping while we are working?

It's in the fruit of our lips,
The silent prayer,
To do good and share.

The smile of welcome,
The song in our heart.
To listen, His art.

The helping hand,
Loud praise in the car,
Refusing to spar.

Extending forgiveness,
Gossiping none,
Focused on One.

Love shown to all,
Joy filled to the brim,
Mirroring Him.

To worship is heavenly as Revelation so vividly depicts.  Everything I do, done in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, giving thanks to the Father through him is my heart showing worth-ship.  To know Him is to love Him.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Yes!!! I am realizing more and more that my heart is to stay upon Him, in everything I do....to live with a heart of worth-ship....by acknowledging His Lordship over my existence and over all that I am and do!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your response!