Monday, May 30, 2011

What Does Your Sign Say, Part II

Last week I shared on my need to erect signposts along my journey to block the detours that take me off course.  One morning this week I was reading in Jeremiah.  How encouraging to read verse 21 in chapter 31. 
"Set up road signs;
Put up guideposts;
Take note of the highway , the road that you take."

Jeremiah is sharing how the Lord will bring his people back to their land after captivity.  As he shares this verse, he asks Israel to return to their towns.  We do need to pay attention to the road we are taking.  I don't want to wander down paths that lead to pity parties, waste of time, and self absorption.

Lead me Lord and guide my steps. Show me what signs to place where.  Thank you for calling me with you on the journey.

1 comment:

  1. Amen. We all need to pray that the Lord will guide us on our journey and He has given us a lot of sign posts in the Bible.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your response!