Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Stay Alert!-November 23

 My take-away from Peter's words today challenge me to get my mind ready for action by being sober and setting my hope on the grace I'll be given when Jesus is revealed. I always want to be ready for Kingdom action. "Stay alert!",  is how the Message Bible says it. Setting my hope on future grace means I'm anticipating more of Jesus. Where my mind is dwelling, is where my affections will be. I still have a lot to learn about doing this. It's easy to get so caught up in my activities and focus on the present thing, that I forget to invite the Spirit to fill me and lead my thoughts.

Then I've always loved the verse that identifies me (all believers) as Chosen, a Royal Priestess, a Holy Nation Citizen, and God's Possession. I'm valued, loved, elevated with saints, part of royalty with a royal title and function, and living under holiness law. But the next part of the verse is often overlooked. This grandeur is all for the purpose of proclaiming God's virtues and how I was granted this turn of events. For when I was in a dark place, God led me into His life-changing light. 

Father, teach me more about getting my mind ready for action. Fill me with a greater desire to be in union with you where my affections are for you above all else. Thank you for bringing me into your Light. Give me opportunities to proclaim how you are and what you've done for me. Then I need boldness to actually step into those openings. Your will be done in me today. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your response!