Sunday, February 1, 2015

Musing on a Snowy Day




Watching snow sideways fall,
feeling cozy inside,
Wanting to write, but stuck,
Wanting inspiration, but
feeling a bit blase,

I know you are alive in me, Lord.
Yet I'm so aware of me
My agenda, my desires
and often I forget to invite you in.
Speak, for I'm now listening.

You dwell in the praises of your people,
Thanks I offer then, for all the gifts you give.
Shelter from which to view the snow,
Time to make Pinterest recipes, & eat them!
Texting to those I love.

Neighbors who can still come over later
for Super Bowl festivities,
A middle-of-the-night rendezvous with You with
Confessions, Forgiveness, Desires,
The sweetness of your presence.

For Revive Indiana, your Holy Spirit moving,
Churches uniting, believers being equipped
to go out and pray together for whosoever,
Thousands gathering every night to worship,
Living in the revival Here! Now!

Jobs that provide, family to love,
Companionship, friendships,
Health, how You made me and
how your purposes for me give me
Hope and a future to anticipate.

The privilege to pray for the couple
Who want answers for their marriage,
For the friend who is recovering from surgery,
For elderly parents, for grandchildren.
For more of you in me, a heart surrendered.

But as for me, it is good to be near God.
    I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge;
    I will tell of all your deeds. Ps. 73:28






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your response!