Wednesday, December 28, 2016

The Gift of the book, Drawing Closer by Carolyn Blish



The cover falls open and
admiration bumps
curiosity aside.

The child stands
among daisies
and you make her
dance in a
wind-swept way.

Pages further, words
outline your
intentions and my
admiration slips
under a banner of worship.

You capture beauty
and gifts and wonder
and youth; my eyes lift
to your God.

I didn't expect this                                                                      
divine in your brush,
this blush in your Blish
But you capture it
by word and paint.

You show sea and
coast, I yearn
to be there. A child
bends to sand,
I feel that surface by heart.


A child offers a bouquet,
"Do you like it",
she asks. Mother words,
"I like them because you
picked them for me."

You picked words
and made images
for me and I
like them.  Thank you
for the gift enclosed
inside this cover and
now inside my being.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your response!